Added June 12, 2019 to Uncategorized
Hults Bruk – Yankee Pattern – Pre 1988
I came across what the title describes, and am looking for information.
1. Head and handle have paint, but it looks more orange than red. Is this normal from aging, or more likely from and owner? The hatchet has remained in a remote campsite in Alaska for many years.
2. What head pattern is this?
3. Is it possible the handle is original too? I’m not sure if the shape and hole match original.
4. Does anyone know where NOS or repro. Head stickers can be purchased for this? And is it the black sticker that I need?
5. Does anyone have info on color-matching the original colors, ie. paint codes, paint type, etc.?
Any further info or suggestions would be tremendously helpful as I begin to restore this hatchet.